Monday 11 July 2011

Thomas Vermaelen Desperate To Have Injury Free Campaign


Thomas Vermaelen endured an injury-hit 2010/11 campaign, restricting him to just five first-team appearances compared to his debut season in England, when he figured in 45 games and became the rock at the heart of the Arsenal’s back four.

The Belgian centre-half is now determined to make up for lost time when he returns to first team action.

"I am really excited, especially after last year," the 25 year old told the club's official website.

"I want to prove myself again and show the people what I'm able to do.

"Personally, yes, of course I am more determined, I played a lot of games in my first year and I hoped to do well in my second year but unfortunately I had a big injury and I couldn't play a lot so I couldn't show the people a lot.

"I'm determined to go on the pitch this year and fight for it.

"But the most important thing is the team of course and I hope we can work as hard as we can as individuals and make the team as strong as we can."

No comments:

Post a Comment